|Where to Send Funds||As in most developing countries, money for developing and managing institutions is in short supply. Meserete Kristos Church is no exception. The Church does not have the financial resources to build a campus or offer enough scholarships to enable worthy students to improve themselves. The growth and achievements of this College were only made possible by the active partnership of hundreds of individuals and dozens of congregations in the USA, Canada, and Europe. The efforts and contributions of these individuals and groups have been solicited, organized and facilitated by several supporting entities which include:
MK College Advancement Office, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia, is the College’s public relations & development department that issues regular newsletters, brochures, videos, and news articles to keep supporters informed, and makes applications for funding to individuals, churches, businesses, and philanthropic organizations, etc.
MK College Link, Harrisonburg, VA, USA, a registered 501 (c) 3 non-profit charitable organization, represents the interests of the College in the USA and issues tax deductible receipts for gifts received.
Mennonite Church Canada has a legal Agency Agreement to receive tax deductible gifts from Canadians and support programs implemented through MK College in Ethiopia.
Northwest Mennonite Conference in Alberta, Canada, also has a legal Agency Agreement to forward tax deductible gifts directly to the Meserete Kristos College in Ethiopia.
MK College Link, Canada is an informal group in Ontario that works to inform and promote the work of the College through Mennonite Church Canada.
PA Friends of MK College is another informal group near Lancaster, PA, committed to informing and promoting the work of the College there.
VA Friends of MK College is another informal group in Harrisonburg, VA, committed to informing and promoting the work of the College in that area.
IN Friends of MK College is another informal group in Goshen, IN, committed to informing and promoting the work of the College in that area.
You can help Meserete Kristos College achieve its goals by:
Being concerned before God about the ongoing growing of the College and success in its ministry of developing servant leaders in the Ethiopian context – interceding for students, teachers, administrators, staff, and provision of resources.
Encourage us by coming to see and experience first hand the challenges and opportunities we face. Maybe join our College sponsored “Experience Ethiopia Tour” offered in February each year.
- Volunteering your time, talents, or treasure:By promoting support for the College in your home, church, and community, or by coming to teach, assist in the building, landscaping, maintenance, campus development projects, library, etc., for any length of time as agreed upon by the administration.
- Remembering the MK College in your will.
- Providing a “living legacy” in honor of a family member or favored person in the form of any of the items below.
- Providing a matching grant to assist in fund raising for any of the needs below
- Sponsoring students:
- $2,000 will sponsor one student for one full year, providing tuition, room, & board.
- Or any other amount for the scholarship fund
- Providing a vehicle:
- a pickup truck
- Adopting a building or part thereof:
- $900,000 will build a permanent kitchen/dinning hall complex required for a growing college
- $1,500,000 will supply what is still needed to complete the second half of the Academic Building (classrooms, computer labs, science labs, academic offices)
- Provide an endowment gift:
Any amount can be invested to earn income to help sustain the College or scholarships in the future. It will be a gift that keeps on giving.